Is the Mass for Redemption right for your parish?
- Are you looking for a singable Mass setting that is still musically interesting?
- The Kyrie is intended to be sung a cappella by a cantor or choir, with each phrase being repeated by the congregation. The Kyrie can also be done accompanied.
- The Gloria from Mass for Redemption began with a melodic line structured to help congregations sing the Mass.
- Mirroring the Catholic musical tradition, the Gloria and Sanctus begin with a simple intonation by a cantor or choir member (or Priest!) instead of an instrumental introduction. This maintains the dialogue of the Holy Mass.
- Do you have a range of musical styles at your parish?
- The Mass for Redemption was composed for a parish that is served by a number of different musicians and ensembles. Refined over the past few years, this Mass setting is preferred by cantors, traditional choirs, contemporary/folk ensembles, and youth choirs.
- Are you trying to save money?
- For just $30, the Mass for Redemption is sold as a reproducible .pdf. Copy it as much as you want, just so long as it stays in your parish. The .pdf comes with a full score, choir-only, cantor/keyboard, choir/keyboard, congregational supplement, string quintet, and handbell parts. Better yet, if additional parts are created, you’ll get those emailed to you as they are added to the Mass setting.
- Settings of the Kyrie in Greek and English (your choice!) and the Gloria, Sanctus, and Agnus Dei in English
- Cantor edition (melody and keyboard accompaniment with chord symbols)
- Choir edition (choir and keyboard accompaniment with chord symbols)
- String Quintet
- Handbell parts for the Gloria and Sanctus
- Full score
- Congregational Supplements
- These are formatted to fit on two half-page stickers or on one side of a single sheet of 8.5″ x 11″ paper
- Any future additions to this Mass setting will be emailed to anyone who purchased it
By purchasing this Mass setting, you agree:
…to make an appropriate number of copies to be used in your parish.
…to include this on any congregational supplements printed:
“Mass for Redemption; by Jonathan McLear”
“© Jonathan McLear, 2014 (massforredemption.com)”
…to direct other Music Directors to jonmclear.com if you like this Mass setting.
It is my hope that by providing a reasonably priced, complete, and reproducible product, we can all agree not to distribute this work to those who have not purchased it. Thanks for your help with this!